Items to Consider When Deciding On A Heating System Replacement or New Installation for Your Home
When your heating system is no longer working, or if you are interested in high-efficiency options, you may search for a trusted and reliable contractor to give you heating replacement options. But what are the things you should be concerned about when determining the kind of heating installation best for your home?
1. Do you have high energy bills every month? If so, an energy efficient furnace replacement should be considered to conserve energy and save money.
2. Does your home have hot and cool spots? If so, you may want to consider a zoned system so you can adjust the temperature in certain areas of your home.
3. How efficient is your ductwork? If there’s a great amount of kinks and tight corners in your air duct system, you may want to consider having your ducts redesigned. In addition, if they are not insulated or sealed enough, you could be losing an abundance of the energy your heating system is creating.
4. What is the size of your home? For an effective heat pump, boiler or furnace installation, you should install the size unit that is appropriate for your home. If you install one that is too small, it will have to work much harder and consume much more energy to heat your home. This can lead to higher energy bills, the need for repairs often, and a shorter lifespan of the equipment. If you install a system that is too large, you’ll overpay on the upfront cost for your furnace replacement.
5. What kind of heating fuel do you want to use? Electric furnaces are typically more expensive to run, but as oil prices fluctuate, an oil furnace can be higher in price than an electric furnace. Oil furnaces require a tank as well, which may result in additional costs. If you are unhappy with your current fuel source, speak to a heating contractor about conversion options.
ARS (American Residential Services)/Rescue Rooter is a heating, cooling and plumbing contractor that specializes in the heating installation of boilers, heat pumps and furnaces in DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland for thousands of residents. If you need a heating system replacement, schedule an appointment with one of our Comfort Advisors for a free estimate. Call 888-242-4277 or visit www.ARSofVirginia.com to schedule an appointment online.